Tuesday, May 15, 2012

sojourning

It’s mid-May50% of our travel for the month is complete.  Nashville:check. Chi-ville: check. This weekend Grace is coming to explore the The Good Life, and in just two weeks, we will be heading to Florida's Captiva Island.  I had planned on being super fit for our beach trip, but the aforementioned celebratory weekends killed that dream.

Busy months like this are my favorite.  [Disclaimer: By the time May 30th hits, all I will want is a weekend full of nothingness, spent on my couch.  But for now, I will tell you…] I love traveling.  I always like something to look forward to and my favorite thing to look forward to is a trip.

I’d been looking forward to Nashville for Emily’s bachelorette party for so long, and now, it’s over.  [Waaaa]   It was, in a word:
A-mustaching-pedal-pubbing-BLAST.
It’s been too long since my abdominal muscles have hurt from that type of oblique-splitting laughter.  My friends are good at making that happen, and with that FL trip approaching, I'll take all the abdominal muscles I can get. 

Here is a little photo essay for your viewing pleasure: A Nashville Story

Here is the bride-to-be:
And girls on a pedal pub: 
Yes, there were mustaches…
…boots…
 …and mini-cowboy hats. 
 There was tap-dancing.
There were sombreros.
 Jean vests.
 And Huskie bests.  

And now, I am counting down the days until July 7th—Em's Big Day. Which will be the first outdoor wedding I’ve ever attended.  And it’s going to be just perfect.

Chicago was an equally enjoyable trip. Much needed family time. The highlight? Family boxing at Sisty-Sistor's gym.  In case you were wondering, I'm an excellent boxer.  I've really mastered the art of jumping around the bag and making fierce faces that perplex and disturb people enough to make them look the other way when I "strike" the target. Boom boom, pow.

No comments:

Post a Comment