Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful: Day 1, 2, 3, 4

"Silent gratitude isn't much use to anyone."
G. B. Stern 

I'm going to use the month of November to show daily gratitude.  Since we're already on the 4th of the month I'll multiply my thankfulness (x) 4 today.  

I'm thankful for routine chaos.  And occasional days of nothingness.
Our schedule changes every week.  Since Rob spends three or four workdays in Dallas, we scramble to get everything in on the two weekdays and two weekend-days we have together.  It's a bit much sometimes, but it keeps life busy and fun.  And it makes me thankful for the days when we have no plans.

I'm thankful for D.E.A.R Sundays.
One or two Sundays a month, when we're in town and not hungover, we walk across the street to  Embassy Suites and pretend we're guests.  Actually, we just walk very blatantly through the front door and make a beeline for the Starbucks counter.  I buy a coffee, Rob takes a "complimentary" newspaper.  And then we walk our little criminal selves back home to DEAR.
(Drop Everything And Read)
I love it so much.  Right now I'm reading The Art of Fielding.  Sofar, Sogood.

 [D.E.A.R aftermath]

I'm thankful for Sunday walks




I'm thankful for Revenge.
 We never miss it.  It's the perfect end to a routine or chaotic weekend and it always gives me something to look forward to on a Sunday night--to keep me from thinking about Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment