Monday, November 5, 2012

Thankful: Day 5

Today I am thankful for Yoga Mondays.  Usually when Rob is gone I spend my time being strange and unproductive.  I shop after work, eat takeout in my car and meander home around 7:30 with the intention of running on the treadmill.

Two hours later, I realize I've been sitting on my couch for 120 minutes.  Looking at my phone or computer or both.  And then I sleep there. Sometimes in my work clothes.  Like I said...strange.

But not on Yoga Mondays.  On Yoga Mondays, I spend my working hours drinking the recommended 8 glasses of water.  I go to my natural chiropractor to get snapped back into alignment.  I take the prescribed overdose of Fish Oil and vitamin B, C & E.  And I follow up all this holistic preparation with 1.5 hours at Hot Yoga.  Today I focused on my breathing and I truly completely let go of everything that was annoying me--work, student loans, and Facebook friends who post their political views and affiliation.   I felt so happy, so balanced, so calm.  I think if I'd gotten a deep paper cut, I would have bled green-tea. 

Yoga Mondays are a perfect way to start my week and I'm thankful for them.  It should be noted that this was my first Yoga Monday...but it's not my last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment